Multiple handset use
Call transfer using intercom
Use the intercom feature to transfer an external call from one handset to
1. During a call, press INT.
• If you have a two-handset system, the outside call is
put on hold, your handset screen shows CALLING
OTHER HANDSET. The other handset rings and its
screen shows OTHER HANDSET IS CALLING.
• If you have more than two handsets, your screen
shows TRANSFER TO: Use the dialing keys to select
the other handset. The outside call is put on hold
and your screen then shows CALLING HANDSET X.
The other handset rings and its screen shows
HANDSET X IS CALLING.
2. To answer the call on the other handset, press PHONE/
INT, or any dialing keys (0-9, #, *). The outside call is still on hold and both
handsets now show INTERCOM. You can now have a private conversation
between the system handsets.
1. To cancel the transfer and return to the external call before the intercom call is
answered, press and hold OFF/
, PHONE/FLASH, or INT on your
2. If the other handset does not answer the intercom call within 100 seconds, or if
the other handset is in the directory or call log mode, or is out of range, your
handset shows UNABLE TO CALL TRY AGAIN on its screen and automatically
returns to the external call.