I experience poor
when using the
• For increased sound quality while using the
speakerphone, place the handset on a flat surface
with the dial pad facing up.
• When using a speakerphone, controlling background
noise in your environment is essential. While you are
listening to your party, press MUTE to temporarily
turn your microphone off. When it is your turn to
speak, remember to press MUTE again to turn the
• Excessive background noise will cause a
speakerphone to fade in and out. Try controlling the
background noise by turning off any audio devices
near the speakerphone. Also, try to avoid interrupting
the person at the other end of the conversation while
they are speaking. If background noise cannot be
controlled, you should terminate speakerphone
operation and return to normal handset mode.
I hear other calls
while using my
• Disconnect the telephone base from the telephone
jack, and plug in a different telephone. If you still hear
other calls, the problem is probably in your wiring or
local service. Call your local telephone company.
handset does not
ring when I
receive a call.
• Make sure that the ringer is not turned off. Refer to
Ringer volume on page 9 in this user’s manual.
• Make sure the telephone line cord is plugged securely
into the telephone base and the telephone jack. Make
sure the power cord is securely plugged in.
• The cordless handset may be too far from the
• Charge the battery in the cordless handset for at least
16 hours. For optimum daily performance, return the
cordless handset to the telephone base or charger
when not in use.