Important safety information
This symbol is to alert you to important operating or servicing instructions that may appear in
this user’s manual. Always follow basic safety precautions when using this product to reduce
the risk of injury, fire, or electric shock.
• Read and understand all instructions in the user’s manual. Observe all markings on the product.
• Avoid using a telephone during a thunderstorm. There may be a slight chance of electric shock from
• Do not use a telephone in the vicinity of a gas leak. If you suspect a gas leak, report it immediately,
but use a telephone away from the area where the gas is leaking. If this product is a cordless model,
make sure the telephone base is also away from the area.
• Do not use this product near water, or when you are wet. For example, do not use it in a wet
basement or shower, or next to a swimming pool, bathtub, kitchen sink, or laundry tub. Do not use
liquids or aerosol sprays for cleaning. If the product comes in contact with any liquid, unplug any
line or power cord immediately. Do not plug the product back in until it has dried thoroughly.
• Install this product in a protected location where no one can trip over any line or power cords.
Protect cords from damage or abrasion.
• If this product does not operate normally, see the Troubleshooting section on pages 39-47 of this
user’s manual. If you cannot solve the problem, or if the product is damaged, refer to the Limited
warranty section on pages 54-56. Do not open this product except as directed in your user’s
manual. Opening the product or reassembling it incorrectly may expose you to hazardous voltages
or other risks.
• Replace batteries only as described in your user’s manual (see pages 5-6). Do not burn or puncture
batteries — they contain caustic chemicals.
• This power adapter is intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor mount position. The
prongs are not designed to hold the plug in place if it is plugged into a ceiling or an under-the-
Caution: Use only the power adapter provided with this product. To obtain a replacement, visit our
1 (800) 222-3111
. In Canada, dial
1 (866) 288-4268
Especially about cordless telephones
• Privacy: The same features that make a cordless telephone convenient create some limitations.
Telephone calls are transmitted between the telephone base and the handset by radio waves, so
there is a possibility that your cordless telephone conversations could be intercepted by radio
receiving equipment within range of the cordless handset. For this reason, you should not think
of cordless telephone conversations as being as private as those on corded telephones.
• Electrical power: The telephone base of this cordless telephone must be connected to a working
electrical outlet which is not controlled by a wall switch. Calls cannot be made from the handset
if the telephone base is unplugged, switched off or if the electrical power is interrupted.