• When shipped from the factory, the DIGITAL IN terminals have
been set for use with the following components:
For DVD recorder or DVD player
For DBS tuner
If you connect other components, change the digital input
(DIGITAL IN) terminal setting correctly. See “Setting the digital
input (DIGITAL IN) terminals—DIGITAL IN 1/2/3” on page 24.
• Select the digital input mode. See “Selecting the analog or
digital input mode” on page 12.
• When you want to operate the connected component (except
DBS tuner) using the AV COMPU LINK remote control system
(see pages 40 and 41), connect them also as described on
pages 7 to 10.
This receiver is equipped with three DIGITAL IN terminals—one
digital coaxial terminal and two digital optical terminals—and one
DIGITAL OUT terminal.
To reproduce the digital sound, use the digital connection in
addition to the analog connection methods described on pages 7
Digital coaxial cable (supplied: 1 cable)
Digital optical cable (not supplied)
Turn off all components before making connections.
• When you connect other components, refer also to their
7 Digital input terminals
When the component has a digital coaxial output
terminal, connect it to the 1(DVR/DVD) terminal,
using a digital coaxial cable (supplied).
When the component has a digital optical output
terminal, connect it to the 2(DBS) or 3(VCR)
terminal, using a digital optical cable (not supplied).
Before connecting a digital
optical cable, unplug the
The digital signal format transmitted through the DIGITAL OUT
terminal is the same as that of the input signal. For example,
when the DTS signals are input, the DTS signals are transmitted.
Connecting the power cord
When all the audio/video connections have been made, connect
the AC power plug to the wall outlet. Make sure that the plugs are
inserted firmly. The standby lamp lights in red.
• Do not plug in before setting the VOLTAGE SELECTOR switch
on the rear of the receiver and all connection procedures are
• Do not touch the power cord with wet hands.
• Do not alter, twist or pull the power cord, or put anything heavy
on it, which may cause fire, electric shock, or other accidents.
• If the cord is damaged, consult a dealer and have the power
cord replaced with a new one.
• Keep the power cord away from the connecting cables and the
antenna. The power cord may cause noise or screen
• The preset settings such as preset channels and sound
adjustment may be erased in a few days in the following cases:
– When you unplug the power cord.
– When a power failure occurs.
7 Digital output terminal
You can connect any digital components which have an optical
digital input terminal.
Connecting digital recording equipment to the
DIGITAL OUT terminal enables you to perform