When connecting the cables, open this cover.
** The Audio cable is not required for watching still images
*** Connect when an S-Video cable is not used.
Make sure all units are turned off.
Connect the camcorder to a TV or VCR as shown
in the illustration.
If using a VCR . . . go to step 3.
If not . . . go to step 4.
Connect the VCR output to the TV input, referring to
your VCR’s instruction manual.
Turn on the camcorder, the VCR and the TV.
Set the VCR to its AUX input mode, and set the TV
to its VIDEO mode.
To choose whether or not the following displays
appear on the connected TV . . .
..... set “DATE/TIME” to “AUTO”, “ON” or “OFF” in the
Menu Screen (
pg. 30, 32).
Or, press DISPLAY
on the remote control to
turn on/off the date indication.
• Time Code
..... set “TIME CODE” to “ON” or “OFF” in the Menu
pg. 31, 32).
• Indications other than date/time and time code
..... set “ON SCREEN” to “LCD”, “LCD/TV” or “OFF” in
the Menu Screen (
pg. 30, 32).
● It is recommended to use the AC Adapter as the
power supply instead of the battery pack (
● To monitor the picture and sound from the camcorder
without inserting a tape or memory card, set the
camcorder’s Power Switch
” or “
”, then set
your TV to the appropriate input mode.
● Make sure you adjust the TV sound volume to its
minimum level to avoid a sudden burst of sound when the
camcorder is turned on.
● If you have a TV or speakers that are not specially
shielded, do not place the speakers adjacent to the TV as
interference will occur in the camcorder playback picture.
● If no image is displayed or no sound is heard from the TV,
set “S/AV INPUT” to “OFF” in the Menu Screen
● While the Audio/Video cable is connected to the AV
connector, sound cannot be heard from the speaker.
To TV or VCR
AUDIO L IN**
AUDIO R IN**
1 GR-D90/70A EN 12-16