Nikon COOLPIX L23 User Manual
Set whether or not the camera automatically increases the shutter speed to
reduce blurring when motion is detected while taking still pictures.
The icon for the current setting is displayed in the monitor when the camera is in
shooting mode (
A 19). When the camera detects shaking and increases shutter
speed, the motion detection indicator turns green. No icon is displayed when Off
d button M z (setup menu) (A 92) M Motion detection
U Auto (default setting)
In order to reduce the effects of camera shake or subject movement, ISO
sensitivity and shutter speed are increased when the camera detects camera
shake or subject movement.
However, motion detection does not function in the following situations.
• When the flash mode is set to Fill flash
• When Continuous (A 53) is set to Multi-shot 16
• When scene mode is set to Sports (A 34), Night portrait (A 34), Dusk/
A 36), Night landscape (A 36), Museum (A 38), Fireworks show
A 39), or Backlighting (A 39)
Motion detection is disabled.
Notes on Motion Detection
• Blurring caused by camera shake or subject movement may not be eliminated in some situations.
• Motion detection may not function if camera shake or subject movement is excessive, or if there is
• The images captured may become somewhat grainy.