Nikon COOLPIX L23 User Manual
If no operations are performed for a specified amount of time, the monitor turns
off and the camera enters standby mode (
Use this option to set the amount of time that passes before the camera enters
d button M z (setup menu) (A 92) M Auto off
Choose from 30 s (default setting), 1 min, 5 min, and 30 min.
If On (default setting) is selected, the camera will enter standby mode when there is
no change in the brightness of the subject, even before the time selected in the
auto off menu has elapsed. The camera will enter sleep mode after 30 seconds when
Auto off is set to 1 min or less, or after 1 minute when Auto off is set to 5 min or
When the Monitor Has Turned Off to Save Power
• When the camera is in standby mode, the power-on lamp blinks.
• If no operations are performed for another three minutes, the camera will turn off automatically.
• When the power-on lamp is blinking, pressing the following buttons will turn the monitor back on.
➝ Power switch, shutter-release button, A button, or c button
The time allowed to elapse before the camera enters standby mode is fixed in the following
• While menus are displayed: Auto off is extended to three minutes if it is set to 30 s or 1 min.
• During slide show playback: Up to 30 minutes