Nikon COOLPIX S9700 User Manual
If the camera fails to function as expected, check the list of common problems
below before consulting your retailer or Nikon-authorized service
Power, Display, Settings Issues
The camera is on but
does not respond.
• Wait for recording to end.
• If the problem persists, turn the camera off.
If the camera does not turn off, remove
and reinsert the battery or batteries or, if
you are using an AC adapter, disconnect
and reconnect the AC adapter.
Note that although any data currently
being recorded will be lost, data that have
already been recorded will not be affected
by removing or disconnecting the power
Battery inserted in the
camera cannot be
• Confirm all connections.
• When connected to a computer, the
camera may not charge for any of the
reasons described below.
- Off is selected for Charge by
computer in the setup menu.
- Battery charging stops if the camera is
- Battery charging is not possible if the
camera’s display language and date and
time have not been set, or the date and
time were reset after the camera’s clock
battery was exhausted. Use the
charging AC adapter to charge the
- Battery charging may stop if the
computer is in sleep mode.
- Depending upon the computer
specifications, settings, and status,
battery charging may not be possible.
Camera cannot be
• The battery is exhausted.
• The power switch is enabled a few
seconds after the battery is inserted. Wait a
few seconds before pressing the power